In order to vote, you must be registered. Applications must be submitted at least 30 days before the election date.
In Texas, citizens do not register by political party, but simply register in their county of current residence.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 17 years and 10 months of age;
- You are not a convicted felon (unless you have completed your sentence including any incarceration, probation, or parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
To receive a Voter Registration Application, you may:
- Download and print Texas Voter Registration Application (pdf form).
- Call the Elections Department at (361) 364-6121
- Pick up an application at one of several locations throughout the county, including Post Offices and Libraries.
Mail your completed applications to:
San Patricio County Elections
PO Box 579
Sinton, TX 78387
or, hand deliver it to the Elections Department, located at
410 W Market St
Sinton, Texas 78387
You may fax your application to 361-364-6132 but it must be followed by the hard copy within four business days. (Please include "Application was faxed" at the top of the application.)
Note to those who renew their driver's license on the Texas Department of Public Safety website, DPS provides a link to update your voter registration application. Be aware you must complete the form, PRINT and mail it in.