Texas Counties Deliver

The San Patricio County Veteran Service Office(CVSO) is your advocate and we can assist you in filing your claims with the U.S. Veterans Administration. We are advocate agency that serves Veterans, Military Spouses and their surviving dependents with often complex VA claims for the various benefits they are eligible and entitled to receive. Our team holds numerous accreditations and attends mandatory training conferences to stay abreast of the ever changing laws and regulations concerning Veterans. 


CVSO services go beyond the initial claim, we continue to follow the progress of the VA claims process with the Veteran/Surviving Spouse/Dependents throughout the often lengthy times it takes the VA to reach a decision.







Phone: (361) 364-9356

Email: Veterans@sanpatriciocountytx.gov

                       Office Location
                       1301 E. Sinton street
                        Suite C
                       Sinton, TX 78387

                       Office Hours

Weekday Hours

Monday 8am-5pm

Tuesday 8am-5pm





Friday 8am-5pm



Rutilio (Rudy) Guzman

                     Veterans Services Officer

 Jennifer Richardson

                    Assistant Veterans Services Officer


    • DD214
    • Marriage Certificate
    • Birth Certificate
    • Spouse and / or Dependents Social Security Number
    • Spouse's Date of Birth
    • The amount of support you pay for each child (If the dependents are not living with you)
    • Any medical records from a private physician or the names, addresses, and phone numbers of private physicians that are treating you for claimable conditions.
    • The name of your financial institution, checking or savings account number, and routing number


    Some additional documents may be required dependent upon the claim type:

    • Death Certificate
    • Funeral Home Invoice
    • Plot Invoice


    • Service-Connected Disability Compensation is a monetary benefit paid to Veterans who are disabled by an injury or illness that was incurred or aggravated during active military service. Disability compensation varies with the degree of disability and the number of dependents and is paid monthly. Veterans with certain severe disabilities may be eligible for additional special monthly compensation.
    • Non-Service-Connected Pension is a monthly benefit paid to wartime Veterans,65 years or older, who have limited or no income. Wartime Veterans younger than age 65 who are permanently and totally disabled may also be eligible.
    • You have the right to appeal VA decisions. The Military and Veterans Services Center can help Veterans with the appeals process.

      Surviving Spouse Benefits-Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC)

      Learn More at : U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs: Dependency and Indemnity Compensation

      VA may provide a monthly benefit to the surviving spouse and some parents of a service member or Veteran whose death was service-related.

      Surviving Spouse Pension

      Learn More atU.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs: Survivors Pension

      VA provides pensions to low-income surviving spouses and unmarried children of deceased Veterans with wartime service. The pension provides a monthly payment to bring an eligible person's income to a level established by law. The Military and Veterans Services Center can assist with the application.


      Medals, Awards and Decorations

      Provided by: National Archives: Medal, Awards, and Decorations

      Requests for the issuance or replacement of military service medals, decorations, and awards should be directed to the specific branch of the military in which the Veteran served. Medals awarded while in active service are issued by the individual military branch if requested by Veterans or their next of kin.

      Discharge Upgrades

      Provided by: National Archives: Boards for Correction of Military Records/ Discharge Upgrades

      Each of the military branches maintain a discharge review board with authority to change, correct, or modify discharges or dismissals not issued by a sentence of a general court-martial. The board has no authority to address medical discharges. 

      Military Record Corrections

      Provided by: National Archives: Record Corrections

      The secretary of a military department, acting through a Board for Correction of Military Records, has the authority to change any military record when necessary to correct an error or remove an injustice. A correction board may consider applications for correction of a military record, including a review of a discharge issued by court-martial.

  • Our office will provide you with information and resources on opportunities to acquire the knowledge, skills, desirable qualities of behavior and character, wisdom, and general competence that will enable you to enhance or change careers following your military service and fully participate in and enjoy the social, political, economic, and intellectual life of your new civilian community.
    • GI Bill

      Provided by: U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs: Education and Training

      The GI Bill is a federal education benefit provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs available for eligible Veterans and service members. The benefit is designed to help service members and eligible Veterans cover the costs associated with getting an education or training. The GI Bill has several programs and each is administrated differently depending on a person's eligibility and duty status.

      Hazlewood Act

      Provided by : State of Texas: Hazlewood Act

      The Hazlewood Act is a State of Texas benefit that provides qualified Veterans, spouses, and dependent children with an education benefit of up to 150 hours of tuition exemption, including most fee charges, at public institutions of higher education in Texas. This does NOT include living expenses, books, or supply fees. 

      Note: If you wish to save money on purchasing books, try other resources such as the internet and discount bookstores. 






    VA Home Loans

    Provided by: Department of Veterans Affairs: Home Loans

    The VA helps service members, Veterans, and eligible surviving spouses become homeowners. The VA offers a home loan guaranty benefit and other housing-related programs to help you buy, build, repair, retain, or adapt a home for your own personal occupancy. VA Home Loans are provided by private lenders, such as banks and mortgage companies. The VA guarantees a portion of the loan, enabling the lender to provide you with more favorable terms. 

    Veterans Housing Assistance Programs

    Provided by: Texas Veterans Land Board: Land & Home Loans

    The Texas Veterans Land Board offers the Veterans Housing Assistance Program (VHAP)which provides financing up to $325,000 towards the purchase of a home for qualified Texas Veterans. Veterans with qualifying service-connected disabilities may also be eligible for an interest rate reduction.